Back to Contents
Link to Sitemap
Links and Contacts
All the links on this page will open in a new tab or new window (depending upon which web browser you're using).
Please mention this site if you decide to make contact with any of the sites listed here (and if you use one of these contacts don't forget to take out the 'at' and replace with an '@' in the email address..!).
- The Worldrailfans website. Useful info and a good forum - see you there ;-)
- Espee Modellers Home Page. Great SP 'site. Tons of great pictures and loads of info...
- Railways of Germany Forum. Discussion forum for (strangely enough!) German railways. All eras, modellers and non-modellers.
- Hungarian Rail Carriage Pages. Gyorgy Kovacs' fantastic bi-lingual (English and Magyar) 'site on Hungarian rolling stock. Also some useful info on the DR's Ganz built VT12.14, Type 'Y' coaches, GySev coaching stock and even Comecon standard freight vehicles. Take your time to browse around, the link to the English language version is at the bottom of his homepage.
- Model Trains International Magazine an interesting magazine that seem to focus on the achievable and practical end of the hobby.
- Winco. European ready-to-run specialist - always worth a call on 01962 869301.
The Manufacturers (HO scale)
- Gaßner. A full listing of their plates and decals for German railways in EpII and III.
- Alan Gibson. Not actually maintained by Alan, but gives good details on his range. Unfortunately no online ordering. :-(
- High Level Kits. Probably the best gearboxes for use in 16.5mm gauge chassis. Accept no substitute!
- Model Loco. Unfortunately they don't do their range of German loco kits any more. But their gearboxes are still very good.
- VS Modellbau. Custom etched plate sets as used by us; and a great sales list.
- Weinert Modellbau. You've seen how I use their kits and parts - now visit their website!
The Manufacturers (0 scale)
- Modern Motive Power. Probably the most detailed modern traction kits in 0-gauge. The results are superb; not for beginners though!
- David Andrews produces excellent, buildable, accurate and nicely detailed models of steam locos in 0-gauge.
- Laurie Griffin. A whole host of details and castings for 0-gauge; Laurie is now also the producer of the Shedmaster kit range.
- ABC Gears make a range of gearboxes in a variety of gear ratios. They probably do one that will be ideal for the next model you're building. And it won't be expensive either...
The DCC links
- Lenz Digital. The new international 'site from the Father of DCC.
- Zimo. High-end DCC. 'Nuff said.
- SPROG DCC. The manufacturer and supplier of the SPROG II computer-based programmer for DCC decoders. And they also sell the frankly rather fab Zimo range of decoders in the UK...
- The JMRI DCC software website, including DecoderPro which I use with my SPROG2.
- South West Digital, the UK importer for ESU, including LokPilot and LokSound.
- DCC Supplies, formidable stocks of most of the DCC ranges - including all our favourites.
- Digitrains, very knowledgeable people and stockists of a broad range of DCC gubbins.
The Other Links
- The Douglas Self Site. A collection of the elegantly bizarre and disturbingly rational. Superb links page too...